Saturday, October 25, 2014

Parks & Rec

After several months of watching, I have finally finished Parks & Rec!

I really enjoyed this show. Amy Poehler plays Leslie Knope, Deputy Director of the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee, Indiana. She works with a host of kooky coworkers, including her best friend Anne, played by Rashida Jones. Chris Pratt also has a role in this show (and mysteriously drops 50 lbs during season breaks, which I am assuming is when she was toning up to start filming Guardians of the Galaxy) as a not-quite-the-brightest-bulb shoe shiner with a band called Mouse Rat.

I loved that Leslie was funny but also was a strong female figure. It is a breath of fresh air having a show with comedy but also touched on some strong points such as female equality and the percentage of females working in government. Leslie is a pusher, and she is constantly pushing her employees, especially April (played by Aubrey Plaza), fellow female government employee with an attitude problem and a love for anything terrible.

My favorite character, however, was definitely Ron Swanson. I think he just may be my Spirit Animal. He is the Deputy of the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee. And the kicker: he loathes any kind of government. He is very "don't tread on me", and I love it.

Among the long list of things that Ron hates are:

  • Talking
  • Feelings
  • Lying
  • Government
  • Vegetables
  • Europe
  • His ex wives (plural), both named Tammie

All in all, the show was entertaining, funny, and I actually learned a thing or two about goverment. Figure that out!

I rated this show 5 stars on Netflix. Now go watch it!



No comments:

Post a Comment