Thursday, October 30, 2014

Black Nails

Black nail polish: 90s Goth fashion or popular chic nail color? You decide.

I think black manicures are totally underrated. I am currently rocking solid, shiny black nails and no one has asked me if I like Marilyn Manson. I am even wearing this manicure at work.

I admit that I did choose this color choice based on the fact that Halloween is tomorrow, but I've been known to rock it year-round. In a world of French manicures, vintage red and funky glitter nails, black is unexpected.

Black is taboo. Many people associate it with being strange, or with being Gothic or part of some heavy metal band. But I think it is chic and stylish. It goes with everything, it's nice and dark for winter, when hair and makeup trends tend to get a bit darker.

I like that I can wear it with a dress at work, or with leggings on the weekends, and still look put together.

What is your verdict?


No comments:

Post a Comment