Monday, December 1, 2014

What I Am Thankful For

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend :)

Now that it is the Monday after Thanksgiving. We're back to work and back into the swing of things (for the most part). I don't want to lose that feeling of thankfulness, however, so I am taking some time out of my day to write about the things that I am most thankful for here at the end of 2014.

The very first thing is, I am so thankful for surviving this year. No, really. I don't just say that ironically, or to be cute, but this year was a very hard year for me. I went through a huge breakup, a cancelled wedding, the moving in (and moving out) of a roommate, a loss of a beloved pet (and the beloved pets of some of my friends), and have changed jobs 3 times. When I got back into the dating pool, I went through another breakup after I was cheated on.

I am thankful that I survived all of this.

I am thankful for my amazing friends who were there to talk to me. When I was too busy working, or they were too busy, a quick chat on Facebook was all I needed. I appreciate each and every single one of them.

I am thankful for my family who provided a place for me to go, a spot in front of the fireplace, surrounded by dogs and beer, where I was able to relax and forget my worries for awhile.

I am thankful for my current relationship, which has been providing me all of the things I was missing in my previous. It feels great to have someone to lean on, who gets me and I understand. Having someone to support you, no matter who it is, is very underrated.

I am thankful for my pets. My wonderful bunny Viola left for bunny Heaven in August, and I was heartbroken for a long time. I decided after a few months to adopt a new bunny to bond to my now lonely boy, Pucci. I now have two wonderful bunnies who light up my life: Pucci and Luna. My Belgian Malinois, India, is the greatest dog someone can hope for. She is sweet and kind-hearted, so mellow and a beautiful dog with short, red hair and big black ears and the most expressive chocolate brown eyes.

I am thankful for my brains. I somehow survived high school, Undergrad and Graduate School. I love to learn. I love reading and watching documentaries and wish that I could afford to go back to school, just for the hell of it.

I am thankful for my health. In 2008, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which has proven to be a big hurdle for me. Mostly it is the weight gain that has me upset and worried about my future health, but it really could be worse. I'm glad that I am as healthy as I am, despite not being in great health.

I am thankful for entertainment. Movies, books, TV shows, music, the internet, YouTube, Pandora, records, etc etc etc. Just adds to the fun that is life :)

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. You are a warrior! Just comes to show how strong you can be even when you have doubts. 2015 will be amazing and pure bliss! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete