Monday, November 10, 2014

TV Review: American Horror Story: Asylum

I know I am a bit late on watching this one, but I'm kinda slow at watching TV.

What I love about AHS as a whole, is that every season is a different show. Same actors play completely different characters, totally different eras and subject matter.

**The rest of this review may contain spoilers**

Season 2 takes place in 1960s Massachusetts, in an asylum for the criminally insane called Briarcliff. Lana Winters, a lesbian journalist, sneaks into Briarcliff with the intention of scooping out a juicy story about the atrocities happening inside. Lana is caught in the act by the very strict Sister Jude, a nun that runs Briarcliff, and is admitted into the asylum for the "mental disorder" of being gay.

Inside Briarcliff, Lana finds exactly what she was looking for and the pain and suffering that she hoped to expose. Boiling baths, electroshock therapy, and solitary confinement are just naming a few.

There is a lot going on in this show, which is typical AHS fashion. Including: a serial killer, several different mental disorders, the Devil, an exorcism, aliens and a Nazi.

I honestly thought that the last few episodes of the show could have been left out. The last episode, I believe, was needed, but there were even more twists and turns added right at the end of the show, then hastily wrapped up.

I give this series 4 out of 5 stars because I honestly enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to watching American Horror Story: Coven next!



No comments:

Post a Comment