Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fun New Things #1

I am creating the "Fun New Things" series in order to share with you the awesome stuff that I have found, have had suggested to me, or that I think you absolutely NEED to know about.

First thing's first: The Food.

Raincoast Oat Crisps. Gluten free, made with all-natural ingredients and actually pretty damn good! A friend of mine brought them into work to share with me, and we both nommed the Rosemary Raisin Pecan flavor. They reminded me a lot of those little pieces of crunchy rye bread in Gardettos party mix stuff? Only they aren't loaded with sodium. The Rosemary provides the flavor, the visible seeds added to the crunch, and then the raisins provided just a slight sweetness and chewiness in parts. I really enjoyed these. Not only are they yummy, but they are healthy. They helped to keep my blood sugar from dropping or spiking when I really needed a snack between meals. I would definitely recommend these.

Check them out here on their website: http://www.lesleystowe.com/#/the-crisps/



Second: The Drink.



Ever heard of Kombucha? Kombucha is a black and/or green tea that is fermented using bacteria and yeast. I know that sounds gross, but trust me (though please don't try to make this at home, you could hurt yourself). It is pretty popular in Asian countries, but it is starting to see an upward trend here in the US as a functional food. The yeast gives off bubbles, making this drink slightly fizzy. It isn't super fizzy like, say, a Coke, but it is absolutely tasty and refreshing.

I tried the Dreamy Orange flavor, which I found at Target, and it was really good. And I didn't feel guilty about drinking it. Of course, it contains sugar for an added sweetness, but it is tea after all.

Check out their website here: http://livesodakombucha.com/products

Anyone ever been to Europe and try one of their bottled, fizzy lemonade-type drinks? That's kind of what this reminds me of. If not, move on to the Stuff!!



Third: The Stuff.



Kettlebells. The discount store Five Below is selling 5 lbs kettlebells for $5! I have been wanting to try a kettlebell workout forever but they are something that you have to invest in, and I didn't want to drop the cash if I didn't know whether or not I'd like it. Well, for $5 I can definitely give this bad boy (or girl) a go! I did some research and asked around, and it's recommended that a newbie starts out with 5 lbs. So, it's perfect.

I couldn't find the kettlebells on Five Below's website, but here is some of the other sport stuff that they sell on the cheap: http://www.fivebelow.com/sports/fitness-sports-balls.html


Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna try this brand of Kombucha! Looks delish :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Live Lime flavor over the weekend, it was good as well!

      Delete